Custom Search

COMPARE: ASTURIAS BY I. ALBENIZ INTERPRETED BY Y. KERTSOPOULOS WITH FOUR DIFFERENT AESTHETICS

YORGOS KERTSOPOULOS - GUITARIST, LUTHIER, STRING CONSTRUCTOR, RESEARCHER, AUTHOR

YORGOS KERTSOPOULOS - GUITARIST, LUTHIER, STRING CONSTRUCTOR, RESEARCHER, AUTHOR
PHOTO PUBLISHED BY "EPIKAIRA" MAGAZINE OF THE WIDE CIRCULATION SUNDAY'S GREEK NEWSPAPER "KYRIAKATIKI" ("ELEFTHEROTYPIA") ON A FOUR PAGE ARTICLE CONCERNING "KERTSOPOULOS AESTHETICS", 6 MARCH 1994, ISSUE 152

Friday, March 5, 2010

The greeting speech of Mrs.Amalia Ramirez at “forms & strings” – 7 Feb. 2009

Good evening.

My niece Cristina and I, came to represent and honor the memory of my father Jose Ramirez III, where 26 years have passed from his acquaintance with mr. Kertsopoulos at the exhibition of Frankfurt, where he presented the “mathematical model of the guitar”.

At that time I did not work in the family enterprise. Few years’ back, I had left the workshop and for roughly five years, I had not returned. However, I remember my father, who spoke to me with a lot of respect and admiration for the work of mr. Kertsopoulos, for his scientific prestige and seriousness and for his lovable, warm and hospitable character.

Now, I have the opportunity to experience personally these charismas that my father so much appreciated in mr. Kertsopoulos and his work. And it is for my niece and myself a pleasure and an honor to have been invited to participate in this event, which has a particular recognition and place in the world of the guitar.

We thank you for inviting us, as representatives of the Ramirez House, to participate in this event, to support and express our admiration towards the work of this outstanding guitar luthier, whose ability of his hands, is expressed through the perfection of his art on the instruments he constructs.

Thank you.

For a video of Mrs. Ramirez's speech please see below on this blog


For Ramirez guitars please see:http://www.guitarrasramirez.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment