Custom Search

COMPARE: ASTURIAS BY I. ALBENIZ INTERPRETED BY Y. KERTSOPOULOS WITH FOUR DIFFERENT AESTHETICS

YORGOS KERTSOPOULOS - GUITARIST, LUTHIER, STRING CONSTRUCTOR, RESEARCHER, AUTHOR

YORGOS KERTSOPOULOS - GUITARIST, LUTHIER, STRING CONSTRUCTOR, RESEARCHER, AUTHOR
PHOTO PUBLISHED BY "EPIKAIRA" MAGAZINE OF THE WIDE CIRCULATION SUNDAY'S GREEK NEWSPAPER "KYRIAKATIKI" ("ELEFTHEROTYPIA") ON A FOUR PAGE ARTICLE CONCERNING "KERTSOPOULOS AESTHETICS", 6 MARCH 1994, ISSUE 152

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Kertsopoulos Pneumatic Foot Pedal Guitar-Gregg's Blogg

Below is an excerpt as written on Gregg's Blogg:
Alas, not a harp guitar as I had inferred, but still an amazing invention that opens up an entire new world (at least to me!). In a nutshell, all the extra strings and bridges and bars and levers and pneumatic gauges are for the purpose of applying the pedal effects of the piano to the guitar. At least that’s what I think! I’d love to hear what Al Carruth makes of all this cleverness.


This story started with a blog about a week ago, when the instrument was spotted (by Tom Shinness) on the Facebook page of Smaro Gregoriadou. The builder – Yorgos Kertsopoulos – somehow spotted it immediately and has written me a nice series of emails. He can explain it much better than I (I still have to see it work to understand it!).

His site and links to his many photos and articles are exhausting (now I know how my own site affects people!) – but I sense that they’ll appeal to many of you in the harp guitar community.

Have fun, and if you figure it out, let me know!

To read more on Gregg's Blogg please click here...

No comments:

Post a Comment